How to program EEPROM with digiprog 3 odometer correction tool through “EEPROM” menu.
On some vehicles you can see an eight pin EEPROM chip which is used to store the vehicle data and these chips grasp vital information from the vehicle such as ignition and immobilizer codes. Once you lose those data, it may cause anything from minor fault to major faults and even make you have to repair your machine, so it is very important to use the digiprog3 “EEPROM” menu to read and save the original information.
The EEPROM chip would have a number on the top of itself and usually it will be “93C46″, you can connect it to your digiprog 3 via ST1 or ST4 adaptor. Then you should tell your digiprog III which chip you are working on before you use it to read.
EEPROM chip 01/04 Adapter picture taken:
How to program EEPROM using digiprog 3 mileage correction kit?
1. De-solder EEPROM chip;
2. Confirm the contact points or legs with glass fiber pin thoroughly;
3. Clean clearly with sandpaper;
4. Insert EEPROM correctly into Digiprog3 ST01/ST04 adapter, and make sure they are well contacted;
5. Connect DP3 device to your car via OBD connector
6. Enter “EEPROM” menu
7. Read data from EEPROM and store them in digiprog3; Follow this way:
Select the “SET TYPE” and choose “93C46″, then your digiprog has been set up to read a 93C46 chip. Press “EEPROM” again and then “READ”. There will show you the information on the digiprog III screen when the reading is complete. Now press “VERIFY” so the information on your screen can agree with the Eeprom.
Next click the “FILE” and there will show you another sub-menu, you can click “SAVE” and enter a file name for the information you are saving. Once you entered the file name, your data is safe and the vehicle is now ready to be reprogrammed.
8. Get EEPROM from ST01/ST04 adapter and reload it;
9. Select the function EEPROM COMPARE;
10. Then it is the previous read data on digiprog 3 but not the internal memory, comparing it with the now re-inserted EEPROM;